The drag force on the object is 73.5 N.
Mass of the object, m = 20 kg
It is mentioned that the drag force of air resistance on a object is proportional to its speed i.e.
k is constant
Terminal speed of the object, V = 80 m/s
We need to find the magnitude of the drag force on the object when it is falling with a speed 30.0 m/s.
In case of terminal velocity, the drag force is balanced by the gravitational force as :
The drag force at a speed of 30 m/s is :
So, the drag force on the object is 73.5 N. Hence, this is the required solution.
speed in a specific direction
It is the total distance traveled over the total time. this would be the answer hope it helped
It is the total distance traveled over the total time.
Trust me I am in Flvs and I got it right in my module assesment
1. Speed, since we know that , where s is speed, d is distance and t is time
2. Velocity, for velocity you need to consider the direction and displacement gives the direction of travel.
3. 25 mph, because
4. 50 mph east, velocity unlike speed has direction.
5.Velocity, displacement gives the formula direction.
6. 0, the displacement is zero so velocity is zero
7. It decreases, speed is inversely proportional to time
"Acceleration" means any change in the speed or direction of motion ... speeding up, slowing down, or turning. So . . .
-- The distance traveled in a certain time may increase or decrease.
-- The displacement covered in a certain time may increase or decrease.
-- The speed of the object may increase or decrease.
-- The velocity of the object (speed/direction) will change.