1. which statement below is true for hyperbolic geometry?
the sum of the measures of the angles in a triangle is always less than 180 degrees.
2. identify the statement that is true in spherical geometry.
the sum of the measures of the angles of a triangle is greater than 180.
3. what can be said about the vertices of an equilateral triangle drawn in poincaré’s system?
the vertices are equidistant from the center of the circle.
4. satellites sputnik, yeltsin, and plekov often temporarily line up in order in a great circle. the circumference of the earth is 24,900 miles, and the satellites orbit at about 150 miles above the surface. if, while in a great circle, sputnik is 9,000 miles from yeltsin, and yeltsin is 10,500 miles from plekov, how far apart are sputnik and plekov?
5. identify the statement that is true in spherical geometry.
two distinct lines intersect in two points.
given the equation is 8+9z=-6, the first step would be to subtract the 8 from both sides:
since 8 minus 8 = 0, this would cancel out the 8. and since -6 minus 8 equals -14, the equation would look like this
9z = -14
b) 62.47% of the students are between 14 and 18 years old.
mean = 15 and standard deviation = 2
student between 14 to 18
formula used z-score
for age 14 , z score
using z-table , p(z> -0.5)=0.3085
for age 18 , z score
using z-table , p(z< 1.5)=0.9332
p(-0.5< z< 1.5)=0.9332-0.3085 = 0.6247
thus, 62.47% of the students are between 14 and 18 years old.
click to let others know, how is it
read more on -